Generation-Edge.info Forum
Generation-Edge.info Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Members Online
None

All Forums
 Main Discussion Forums
 General Discussion
 Questions re '16 F-150
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Diggr
Advanced Member

East Rochester
NY
USA

1132 Posts

Alert Moderator

Posted - 09/12/2016 :  2:02:09 PM  Show Profile Send Diggr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My #2 son recently had his VW CC's engine shit the bed. He decided to give up on VW and ended up with a '16 F-150. I've not seen anything but a couple of pictures of the thing, so I know very little about it. It's an Ecoboost 6, 4 x 4, extended/crew cab, and its blue, with a boatload of nifty stuff like heated and cooled seats and that kind of crap.

Can any of y'all point me at a solid F-150 site where I can find out more about things such at reliability and tech information, etc.

Thanks

Diggr

'04 Edge SC, 4.0 Auto, 4x4, 4:10 Open Gears

My favorite computer game is "Stump The Spellchecker".

Zoom
Administrator

Capon Bridge
WV
USA

9582 Posts

Alert Moderator

Posted - 09/12/2016 :  10:40:58 PM  Show Profile Send Zoom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Diggr, good to see you back on here again!

Back a few years ago I was on F150Forum.com and I see they are still around and appear to be doing well. Might give that one a shot. Downside is they don't have a lot of info in their Ecoboost section.

Their is a website specifically for the F150 Ecoboost engines, called, you guessed it, F150Ecoboost.net. Might give that a shot, though they don't have a lot of threads on them either.

You also have FordF150.net. They are a little over half the size of F150Forum with ONLY 152,000+ members, but have more Ecoboost info.

Heck, they are free, so try all of them.

Administrator Mike

2003 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x2, 3.55's, 5 speed auto, Bright Red (SOLD 11/15)
MAC intake, black housing clear corners, JDM Black tail lights, JW's hood strut kit, Stull upper and lower billet grills, Extang RT soft tonneau, Turn Signal Mod, bucket seat mod, Explorer full length console, red Ford emblems,
Dual program Apten chip, Perma-Cool 2950 CFM efan, Powertrax No-Slip, James Duff traction bars, Hellwig rear bar,
JBA titanium ceramic headers, Roush dual exhaust, signal mirrors, ScanGauge II

2001 Mazda B4000 SE 4.0, 4x4, 4.10 LS, 5 speed auto, Performance Red
MAC intake, Chrome nerf bars, JBA cat-back, TransGo shift kit
RPS TOTM January 2006

Generation Edge Decals

Go to Top of Page

DJaye
Moderator & Site Wank

Buffalo
NY
USA

4562 Posts

Alert Moderator

Posted - 09/13/2016 :  03:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Send DJaye an AOL message Send DJaye a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Long time no see/hear Mate!

I can state that the 6cyl EcoBoost is a solid engine from the 3 F150's I have driven that have had that engine in them. One was so solid, That the truck was wrecked, bought back from the insurance place and said engine will soon have a new home ( Hint! ).

What I do know, nobody makes a stand alone engine management unit for a manual transmission. Ive spoken withe the folks at Electro-Motive and they werent ( at that time ) even considering making such a thing. Rumor has it that Ford themselves *might* sell one as they do sell crate-motor versions of the ecoboost presently. Many 'Rodders have been envisioning that motor in their rides.

What does ' factory ' mean?

Wise words : "To me a day that goes by that you learn nothing is a day that was basically wasted. " -Zoom, Admin GE.
Go to Top of Page

Diggr
Advanced Member

East Rochester
NY
USA

1132 Posts

Alert Moderator

Posted - 09/13/2016 :  06:07:30 AM  Show Profile Send Diggr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn, that was quicker than I expected. I'll check this information out later today and forward the info to Jon.

Further research into the vehicle seems to indicate that it's an XLT, supercrew, 5 1/2' box, 4 x 4, with the 3.5 dual turbo engine. Way too big for my taste though.

My biggest concern is really how solid the motor is in the long run. Seems like a lot of truck for for a relatively small engine. Next questions would have to do with the 4 x 4 system. How strong in the T-case and what does the front suspension look like mechanically? And finally what is the recall history of the vehicle and what TSO's are out there floating around?

Well, I'd better get busy here, so I'll talk to you later.

Diggr

Edited by - Diggr on 09/14/2016 08:19:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

FearSys

Southwest
OH
USA

818 Posts

Alert Moderator

Posted - 09/15/2016 :  7:45:30 PM  Show Profile Send FearSys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a member of f150forum.com a lot of good info there but a lot of assholes too.
I had a 2013 with an Ecoboost and it was a great truck. I now have a 2016 with the 5.0 and I can tell a bit of difference with the Ecoboost having the edge. One thing the Ecoboost doesn't have is that beautiful roar of the Coyote.

Doug

2016 F150 SuperCrew XLT-Sport

Used to own: 2003 Ranger EDGE 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Go to Top of Page

Diggr
Advanced Member

East Rochester
NY
USA

1132 Posts

Alert Moderator

Posted - 09/27/2016 :  09:15:57 AM  Show Profile Send Diggr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info gentlemen. I tried that F150Ecoboost place and asked a few questions. Responses left a lot to be desired. Several of the longtime members seem to have a real problem with new arrivals. The end result is that I don't need that kind of shit so I backed out. Bottom line is that Jon bought the beast, and now it's up to him to live with the decision.

Go to Top of Page

bumpncarstereo

Between the Buff and Roc
ny
USA

246 Posts

Alert Moderator

Posted - 10/13/2016 :  9:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit bumpncarstereo's Homepage  Send bumpncarstereo an AOL message Send bumpncarstereo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a 12 ecoboost with 110500 miles and if hasn't failed me yet.

04 4.0 4x4 5spd

www.splbassx.com/forums

My car audio forum. Check it out

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Generation-Edge.info Forum © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05